Translate

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heartache



Hearts were breaking today at the feeder.
    The birds won't forget, I'm afraid.
I bought the wrong seeds at the Safeway,
    and oh what a difference it made!

I watched as they came in for breakfast,
                                                                but for each it was always the same.
                                                          A sad little chirp and they flew off, -
                                                               and I wept, knowing I was to blame.

                                                           Then, seeing them leaving, I wondered, -                  
                                                                  which of us suffered the most?
                                                           Was it I, who had caused them such heartache,-
                                                                   or the birds who lost faith in their host?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so sad. I wonder if City birds are as picky as the birds of Marin?

    ReplyDelete